AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com
Data Science and Planning Engineering Internship in COE Integrated Business Planning
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we have a 9.6-billion-Euro business that operates in over 80 countries. We employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services that our customers expect.
The Global Center of Expertise (COE) in Integrated Business Planning is looking for talented and motivated master students for a challenging internship in data science and planning engineering. The COE develops global data handling and planning processes based on analysis of complex end-to-end data sets. The internship is for a period from 4 to 6 months and can start a.s.a.p.. You will be based in Sassenheim, the Netherlands.
We offer four types of experience in our internships:
• Data engineering: connecting, structuring and analyzing complex datasets
• Dashboarding: presenting datasets visually so they can be used in decision making throughout the business in an efficient way
• Master data improvements: analyzing gaps and inconsistencies in the key data needed to plan our company.
• Master data improvements: predictive and prescriptive mathematical models for a practical business context and implement them in our master data and tools & systems landscape.
Interns can be involved in one or multiple of the above points. We will place you based on your interest and skill set, and the current projects in our department.
Our current applications are in Supply Chain (e.g. Inventory, Servicelevel, Cost), Supply Planning, Demand Planning, Material Planning, Logistics, and Manufacturing.
Since you will be part of the global COE which deals with end-to-end processes, your solutions can result in a significant impact on our world-wide business. During development and implementation, you will collaborate with different functional teams. Together with these stakeholders, you will closely monitor the process outcomes to reach the desired performance improvement.
We offer an internship training program which is a combination of guidance by a mentor, self-study from teaching materials, and trainings by specialists. The internship has a duration of 4 to 6 months, where 6 months is strongly preferred as this promotes the largest learning and business impact.
Job requirements / Candidate profile
• Students need to be enrolled at a university in The Netherlands, or need to have EU citizenship and be enrolled at a university in Europe (incl. those studying at non-EU countries like Switzerland).
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office
• Experiences with Python (or similar programming languages)
• Curious to learn and able to dive into something new
• Able to focus on a task, follow through and “get things done”
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to understand and foster the interfaces with stakeholders
• An analytical, data driven, fact-based approach to problem solving
• Very good command of the English language
Nice to haves
• In depth understanding of machine learning algorithms (Clustering, Neural Networks, Decision Trees)
• Previous internships in Business Planning, Supply Chain, or Manufacturing & Logistics.
Studies in scope
A background in one of the following studies is strongly preferred: Data science, Mathematics, AI, Computer Science, Econometrics, Engineering, Technical BA, or Supply Chain Management / Business Administration with a strong background in technical aspects.
Students from the Netherlands need to be enrolled at a university (“Wetenschappelijk Onderwijs, WO”). We also consider exceptionally talented students enrolled at an applied university in the Netherlands (“HBO”) with a strong background in analytics and strong programming knowledge & experience.
Please do not apply if you do not fit this profile. You will not proceed to the next round. If in doubt whether you are a suitable candidate or not, please contact us.
Please submit your motivation letter, resume, and grade list via our Successfactors application system.
As part of your application, please supply
• Higher education grade list (including results of not yet finished degrees)
• Letter in which you motivate your application
Only candidates who have supplied these three documents will be considered.
The internship is full time and will take 4-6 months (where 6 months is strongly preferred). Successful interns will be considered for positions within AkzoNobel.