AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We're experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands - including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon - is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect.
On a global scale, for all Paints & Coatings:
- Support technical design and deployment of IBP Reporting & Analytics (for Demand/Supply Planning). Supports IBP Data Science Manager & Business Process Managers (BPMs) in process design and deployment of IBP Reporting & Analytics (for Demand/Supply Planning).
- Support deployment of IBP & Demand/Supply by supporting senior Data Scientist / Data Science manager and users to improve master data (product, customer, region, supply hierarchy, and for critical sites: production data, MRP views) and support automation initiatives such as master data profiles.
- Technically design and deploy end-to-end reporting and analytics processes to optimize key end-to-end KPIs being Service, Cost-to-Serve and Inventory (Incl Slobs). Thus, support senior Data Scientist / Data Science manager in process design and deployment, e.g. in matching demand segmentation (ABC-XYZ) with supply policies (MTO/MTS), and setting order quantities/lot sizes to optimize all 3 KPIs.
- To keep data up to date and operate as efficiently as possible, support design and deploy automation of all data management through rules. Once there is a solid foundation, explore opportunities to apply machine learning (e.g. in Alteryx) and utilize functionality of Advanced Planning Systems (APS).
- Develops materials to build capability in the Supply & Demand planning community including trainings and set-up of Knowledge Management System (KMS) for Reporting & Analytics, as well as Master data management for the above mentioned
For IBP Reporting & Analytics, Master data, optimization of key end-to-end KPIs, automation, KMS:
- Effectively partner within the data science team and with operational users to make data accurate and to make the process to manage data efficient.
- PMO of technical progress while balancing agile working to deliver rapid prototyping and further incremental development of the technical product, with good communication to sponsors and key stakeholders.
- Conduct data analyses, develop rules & mathematical models to promote efficiency, and translate these into a usable tool/system which supports the process.
- Extract relevant information from available data sources for further analytical processing, e.g. data mining.
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Interpret results in a business context, discuss with business partners, and incorporate data-driven decision-making in operations.
- Validate achieved process performance with meaningful KPIs.
- Ideation: Identify Continuous Improvements within current tools/systems and use cases.
- Pro-active, result driven, and target oriented execution of role while being a strong team player.
- Potential and affinity to grow towards being a challenging partner to senior members of the AkzoNobel community, bridging business needs and IM, and realizing cross-functional impact.
- High motivation to strive for and facilitate the overall company optimum.
- Self motivating to deliver and drive all project stakeholders through the change curve.
- Sensitive and adaptable to organizational culture and dynamics.
- Basic project management skills, and understanding and affinity of Agile working.
- Functional excellence & credibility to drive the organization forward.
- Ability to operate effectively across different cultures and functions.
- Good (written and oral) communication skills, strong command in English.
- MSc in Computer Science, Data science, Mathematics, Statistical Science, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering or similar.
- Interest in the Supply Planning function; demonstrated experience in Supply chain projects is a strong nice to have.
- Interest in Demand Planning process, and link to consequent Supply policies (MTO/MTS, lot sizes, DC network).
- Interest in making hands-on impact in operations, planning and being exposed to IT/ERP related projects.
- Interest in obtaining detailed and in-depth understanding of ERP system set up, planning & production master data fields, and how these are set up to enable a high performing supply chain process in line with company objectives.
- Interest in end-to-end performance measurement, identification & application of error metrics, root-cause analysis, etc.
- Interest in setting up Onboarding and Training materials in specialized topics.
- Advanced excel knowledge & basics (programming) knowledge of VBA/HTML /Java). Ability to quickly learn and master Python, R, Azure, Alteryx, PowerBI.
- Interest in Advanced Planning Systems (APS) or demonstrated basic skills set to quickly learn and master APS.
We offer a fascinating international environment that rewards your skills and enthusiasm. In addition to a good salary, you can expect excellent terms of employment including group insurance, 8% holiday allowance, travel allowance and an above industry standard number of vacation days. Training opportunities and internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development.
We welcome your online application via our website www.akzonobel.com/careers, reference 1598. Please note that applications sent by mail will not be considered. If you have any question, please feel free to contact Ashna Badal, Talent Resourcing Partner, phone +31 (0)88 0106789, option 2.
An employment screening will be part of the selection process.
Agency or sales calls are not appreciated
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Requisition ID: 1598