AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We're experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands - including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon - is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect.
Our Centralized Planning Center (called Above Market Planning) is a crucial part of AkzoNobel’s integrated supply chain. It consists of a diverse and international team of supply chain professionals located in Sassenheim (>60 expert of 15+ nationalities). The AMP-team develops and implements best practice processes for our Decorative Paints and Automotive & Specialty Coatings production sites across EMEA. By doing this, we significantly increased and stabilized service while in parallel reducing our overall inventory. This has been achieved by embracing Integrated Business Planning into our dynamic and forward-thinking environment, i.e. a more structured interface with stakeholders like Demand Planning, Procurement and Manufacturing. Currently we are looking for strong analytical and stakeholder management experts to strengthen our different planning teams.
Within our AMP team, we encourage and support our supply chain professionals to become the leaders and specialists of tomorrow. What does that mean for you?
• Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset with CI Projects next to your operational tasks once you are settled in
• Collaborative and informal environment in which everyone is approachable and supportive
• Regular talent reviews and feedback sessions
• Possibilities to grow lateral and vertical within and outside our department
This represents an outstanding opportunity for ambitious and proactive professionals who bring new ideas and energy that drive our future. If you’re excited by the prospect of developing your talent and convinced about your contribution to the AMP team and AkzoNobel, we invite you to apply for one of the positions available.
Supply Chain Planning in AMP has different expert roles, which split into the following key disciplines:
• Material Planning: you are involved in planning all raw materials and packaging, ensuring that the production plan can be executed. Through close contact with procurement and suppliers you ensure a solid supplier relationship and performance.
• Production Planning: you develop the factory plan for the short (12-weeks) and long term (24 months) in which you fulfill the market demands. This while considering the factory capacity and constraints.
• Products for Resale (PFR) Planning: you work closely with suppliers from whom we source materials that work optimally with AkzoNobel products or are an addition to our paint/coating portfolio, such as spray paints, paint samples and supportive materials (e.g. brushes, tape, dust masks)
• Distribution Requirements Planning (DRP): Working specifically with Automotive & Specialty Coatings you ensure the optimized distribution of products from the central warehouse towards the different warehouses across a complex global market. This requires the experience to understand market demand and customer needs in order to best divide the production plan.
Are you the right fit?
To take advantage of this exciting opportunity you should have:
• Master’s degree in Supply Chain or Operations or relevant working experience
• This role would be a good first or second step in your career
• Alternative Master’s degree with a clear motivation to work in the supply chain
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Preferably a prior experience within the supply chain, either full time or as an intern.
• The ability to deal with large amounts of data
• A way to cope with pressure of continuous change within the interface of supply, demand and capacity (Inc. stakeholder management)
• The open-minded and flexible approach necessary to learn and succeed within our dynamic, multicultural environment
Become part of an outstanding company
AkzoNobel is consistently rated as one of the top employers in The Netherlands. You will join a company that is committed to achieving real sustainability. At a personal level you will also benefit from:
• competitive salary with an above average number of annual holidays
• participation in the AkzoNobel pension plan
• compensation for travel expenses to and from work
• opportunities for education that will help you to grow beyond this role
More information and how to apply
We welcome your online application via www.akzonobel.com/careers. Only online applications including resume, cover letter and grade list will be considered. If applicable, it is essential that you have a visa that allows you to work in the Netherlands. If you have any questions, please contact Denise de Bock, Talent Resourcing Partner, +31 (0)88 0106789.
We tend to give you feedback within maximum of 4 weeks. An employment screening may be part of the selection process.
As our planners develop their careers and move on, we frequently hire new talented planners
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.