Imagine developing complex models for a top international financial service provider and kick-starting your career with a mixture of hands-on work and extensive technical and soft skills training. Imagine satisfying your intellectual curiosity by working in this 18 month trainee program for quantitative intellectuals…
In our Advanced Analytics Young Professionals Program we work together with you and a group of like-minded people to make this imagination reality. Your expertise, intellectual curiosity and ability to quickly learn more about stress testing, IFRS 9, credit management, data and/or model validation, will swiftly become an asset to our team and program.
Making a difference
- Make a difference by using your outstanding analytical and mathematical skills to solve complex business and analytical issues.
- Work on interesting and intriguing issues for the bank’s Risk Analytics department within different projects.
- Build advanced models for enabling strategic and operational data-driven decision making.
- Expand your knowledge on a specific field within Risk Analytics and become an expert in this field.
- Meet and learn from senior leaders, colleagues and mentors from within the bank while building your professional network.
- Work on your personal skills together with other Young Professionals to grow into a strong and self-assured professional who can deal with situations outside his/her comfort zone.
- Be a game changer for Rabobank by originating and initiating innovative ideas.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our Risk Analytics teams bring talented people together to develop models from start to finish: to perform data quality checks and analysis, create new models, investigate and discuss impact and significance, implement structures and monitor the results. As one of 15 Young Professionals, you will get to choose a role from a variety of teams, including (but not limited to):
- Data Analytics;
- Credit Modelling;
- Model Validation;
- Stress Testing;
- Asset & Liability Management.
You will be a full team member in one of the participating teams. The exposure and relationships gained during the Advanced Analytics Program will give you the foundation for further advancing your career within Rabobank after successfully completing the program.
Anna Haue-Pedersen, Young Professional: “You’ll get a lot of responsibility early on and that allows you to really contribute to the team and make your mark”.
Ivo Hendriks, Young Professional: “Recently I created a Python framework for a PD model and now I’m the go-to person”.
If we were to ask your friends to describe you in a few key words, the answer should contain: customer-focused, problem solver, eager to learn and result-oriented. For the position of Advanced Analytics Young Professional, you also need:
- a completed Master or PhD in Econometrics/Mathematics/Physics (or comparable technical study background);
- no more than 2 years of relevant work experience;
- affinity with finance and/or risk management;
- an interest in quantitative analyses and programming (e.g. Matlab, Python and SQL);
- the ambition to play a key role in the dynamic environment of a large financial institution.
Growing a better world together
You're probably already aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for 8.5 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- as part of a project with Humanitas, we are helping people who are experiencing financial difficulties to get their household finances in order;
- finding suitable jobs for 1,500 refugees together with Vluchtelingenwerk Nederland;
- thanks to an agreement with the UN World Food Program, more agricultural products are purchased from small farmers in Rwanda, Tanzania and Zambia. We aim to expand this platform to include one and a half million farmers in 25 countries in 2030.
Do you want to become the best version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth and development by providing an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. To maximize your potential, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow and excel as a professional. In addition, you can also expect (on the basis of a 40-hour working week):
- a gross monthly salary between € 3.300 and € 3.500;
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- an Employee Benefit Budget (9% of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash payout;
- a personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career (in addition to the training provided by the program);
- flexible working times and location-independent working;
- 100% reimbursement of the costs of home/work travel if you travel by public transport! If you prefer to travel by car or motorbike, you can choose a home/work travel allowance;
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a Young Professional Advanced Analytics and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know:
Applications are open until 9 Augustus 2019. Apply via the “Apply now” button. After cv selection the selection procedure consists of an interview, an assessment and a final selection day. Applications will be handled according to the schedule below.
Application received until:
- Week 22 -> Selection day on 14 June 2019
- Week 23 -> Selection day on 21 June 2019
- Week 25, 26 -> Selection day on 9 May 2019
- Week 27 -> Selection day on 19 July 2019
- Week 29 -> Selection day on 2 August 2019
- Week 31, 32 (closing date 9 August 2019) -> Selection day on 23 August 2019
- If you have any questions about the specific details of this position, please contact Wibbina de Jong, Program Lead Advanced Analytics Young Professional Program on 06 25695223 or via Wibbina.de.Jong@rabobank.com.
- Coen Hilvering, Recruiter, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via 06 51409621 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- Your privacy is important to us. Do you want to know more, click on this link.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!