Imagine… you can become the eyes and ears of the Rabobank supervisory board. By learning how to take responsibility in helping the organization to take calculated and informed risks. With your creative mind-set, which is not just about setting boundaries and checking (enforced) controls, you can rapidly understand complex processes and procedures to help the organization to think outside the box. So, if you are always measuring up other students and friends and regularly ‘know-it-better’ we want to get in touch with you!
At Audit Rabobank we are looking for young professionals to join our team to help us achieve our goal of improving our bank on a day-to-day basis. We are specifically looking at getting in touch with people with a passion for and knowledge in the area of information technology.
We want to make sure we are up to speed what is happening in the world of IT and are interested to know what new impulses we can get by hiring an IT professional straight out of university.
Young Professional Program Compliance, Audit, Risk & Legal (CARL)
This vacancy is part of a broad development program: the CARL Young Professional Program for various domains within the bank, which contains Compliance, Audit, Risk and Legal. Due to the collaboration between multiple departments within Rabobank you will get challenged during personal and cross–functional training courses. For example on core banking (the function of a bank, the balance sheet, capital and funding), as well as on soft skills such as presentation, communication and problem solving skills. Specific (vocational) courses related to your interest or working area are also part of the program. As Young Professional you will join the April 2019 ‘class’ of talented young professionals. This offers you the opportunity to start building your network, enjoy activities and trainings together and share learning experiences.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our audit team of 65 IT audit professionals across the globe brings talented people together to form the third line of defence within Rabobank. It is our responsibility to evaluate the adequacy, reliability and effectiveness of processes, procedures and transaction processing within the IT domain. Our core responsibilities and challenges are:
- Independent assurance: Audit Rabobank provides independent assurance, advice and insights to the Executive Board, the Supervisory Board and other senior management of Rabobank.
- Evaluation of complex matters: Audit Rabobank performs her activities in all parts of the Rabobank ranging from Wholesale banking to IT, risk management and back.
- Added value for the organization: Audit Rabobank transforms insights to clear and concise recommendations, which help the organization to improve.
Customer focus, result driven, pro-active and a team player with strong problem solving and analytic skills are clearly essential for the role of Young Professional Audit. In addition, it's important that you recognise everything in the checklist below:
- You hold a degree with a focus on Computer Sciences, Business & IT or a degree in a similar discipline with a keen interest in the financial sector
- Relevant working experience within auditing is considered a benefit
- You have a tangible interest in IT related systems, processes, development and security
- You are able to clearly express your ideas in English both orally and in written form
- You have a maximum of 0-3 years of working experience
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for 7.1 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- In 2016, an innovative fund was set up in Ireland to help dairy farmers become less dependent on income from milk sales.
- Thanks to an agreement with the UN World Food Programme, more agricultural products are purchased from small farmers in Rwanda, Tanzania and Zambia. We aim to expand this platform to include one and a half million farmers in 25 countries by 2030.
- By signing a memorandum of understanding with livestock feed producer Royal De Heus, Rabobank underlines its support for the company’s work in India, empowering local farmers with knowledge.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 40-hour working week), you can also expect:
- A gross monthly salary of € 3.230
- A thirteenth month and holiday pay.
- An Employee Benefit Budget (8% of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash pay-out.
- A personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career.
- 100 % reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance.
- A pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a Junior Auditor and to make a difference for yourself, our customers and for society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know:
- Applications are open until 2 February 2019. Apply via the button.
- If you have any questions about the specific details of this position, please contact Adwo Heintjes, Global Head Expertise pool IT Audit at +31 651 383 652.
- Coen Hilvering, Corporate Recruiter would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via +31 651 409 621.
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- The application process for this vacancy includes an individual assessment.
- Your privacy is important to us. Do you want to know more, click on this link.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!