Amgen is an American organization which specializes in biotechnological medicines, with a powerful sense of a shared purpose towards its mission: “To Serve Patients.” Amgen Breda receives its products as semi-manufactured goods, which are then packed country-specific, stored and eventually shipped to various countries worldwide. With approximately 600 employees, working together towards a common goal, Amgen Breda guarantees its motto: “Every Patient, Every Time.”
Regional supply chain Europe is responsible for the supply of Amgen products to about 50 countries across Europe. To enable that 6 different departments are established:
• Regional Operations responsible for New Product Introduction and Product Lifecycle Management
• Regional Planning responsible for demand planning and inventory management
• Supply Management ensuring adequate supply to the market
• Customer Service & Distribution responsible for Order Management, Customer Care and 3rd party Distribution Management
• Excellence & Innovation responsible for Operational Excellence, Customer Centricity and Value Base Services
• Russia/CIS supply Chain responsible for 3rd party contract Management and demand & Supply Planning
Internship Supply Chain Russia
EU Supply Chain is continuously improving developing processes enabling us to deliver compliance product to patient as efficient as possible. For Russia, we have 3 supply chain models in place at this moment.
1. Labeling & Packaging at Amgen Breda (ABR) and ship Finished Drug Product (FDP) to Russia.
2. Ship Labeled Drug Product (LDP) to Russia and do local packaging at Dobrolek.
3. In the future we will also plan to have Drug Product (DP) & Finished Drug Product (FDP) production at one of our partners in Russia.
With these 3 different business models the manufacturing and supply chain landscape for Russia is fairly complicated and diverse. We are looking to standardize this and gain more insight in the advantages and disadvantages for all manufacturing and supply chain models we have in place.
We offer you a challenging environment with many learning opportunities. You will gain experience in supply chain in a GMP/GDP regulated manufacturing & distribution world. It also will give you the opportunity to learn to run a project in a cross functional “matrix” organization. Moreover, you will get room to actively learn through experimentation.
This internship gives you the opportunity to learn all activities that need to be conducted to enable EU supply chain to introduce new products and ensure compliance with current GMP/GDP guidelines during the lifecycle of Amgen products.
Defined Deliverables / Outcomes:
• Detailed mapping of all manufacturing and Supply Chain routes we currently have in place to supply the Amgen products to the Russian market.
• Evaluate the pro’s and con’s for each Supply Chain model based upon efficiency, financials (running cost and project costs) and risks.
• Advise EU Supply Chain which model would be most beneficial moving forward.
Stretched Deliverable / Outcome:
Start / Create implementation plan to execute the implementation of converting all Amgen products to the ideal Supply Chain route to Russia.
Contact person: Emma Kanters, email@example.com